When alien vampires terrorize London, it’s up to a determined police inspector and an astronaut to stop them. American and British space travelers discover humanoids while exploring near Halley’s Comet. The astronauts bring three of these aliens aboard their spaceship and head back to earth. However, their guests turn out to be evil vampires who kill all but one of the astronauts — Carlsen. After the ship arrives in London, the monsters — led by a beautiful female — escape and wreak havoc throughout the city, transforming humans into zombies. Meanwhile, the surviving astronaut and Caine, a determined police inspector, frantically try to track down the creatures, and destroy them. But the “Space Girl” has a strange hold over Carlsen, and he has trouble fighting the urge to join her.
This movie used to play on TV all the time and I’m pretty sure I rented it at last once on video tape (yes video tape). The things I recall most about the movie are Patrick Stewart as the scientist and the naked “space girl” vampire.
LOL! I had a tone of trouble trying to find a picture for this post that didn’t show off Mathilda May‘s breasts, or other more revealing lady bits…
- Lifeforce (1985) [REVIEW] (thewolfmancometh.com)
- Transform Yourself with Vampire Makeup (anytimecostumes.com)
- Roundtable Review: Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, “Space Vampire” (thiswastv.com)
For whatever reason I’ve begun to read vampire novels…
These books remind me a bit of Hellboy. There are all sort of interesting Fea, as well as other creatures which go bump in the night, not just vampires. I’m pleased by the near-future setting, which has allowed for the introduction of bits of technology as well as sword and stake to be employed.
Got to tell you, I read all three books in a sweep, they are that good. However, by book 3 Chrysabelle Lapointe hard-headed stubbornness had begun to become tedious. I get it, you’re your own woman. Now bang Malkolm, have some vampire children, or some sort of new angelic kind and go live happily ever after. But, I know, dramatic tension!
Tatiana is insane! Evil, and yet by book three I’ve started to feel sorry for her.
- Blood Rights (House of Comarré) by Kristen Painter – Review 5 of 5 (readingdiva.com)
- Flesh & Blood (House of Comarré) by Kristen Painter – Review 5 of 5 (readingdiva.com)
- Bad Blood (House of Comarre) by @Kristen_Painter – Review 4 of 5 (readingdiva.com)
- Feature Book: Blood Rights (australianromancereaders.wordpress.com)
- Vampire: After Twilight III (veeisfor.wordpress.com)
A long time ago I blogged on another blog, “The Phoenix Rises” that I wanted to write a vampire story. Until now, I didn’t really have a home for it. though I knew the title: “Planet Of The Vampires” (it has a nice pulp ring doesn’t it?) and I wanted to set it in The Falcanian Legacy ‘Verse, but I couldn’t figure out how I could do that in the mainline storylines.
That is, until I thought up my spin-off series: Imogen Drake! Once I knew it would be her confronting this dark threat I needed to think out these vampires. I knew there would be a science fiction angle, and I wanted them to contrast with the shiny fairy vampires from Twilight.
The Nosferatu and Count Orlok route’s the way to go. But as the universe I’ve established is heavily rooted in the Sumerian and Ancient Alien mythos I needed for these vampires to make sense against that fabric of reality. I did some research on Sumerians and vampires…
In that vein (I slay myself LOL!) I came across a word, Utukku, which I’ll be spelling: Utuk-ku, actually two words, the other being Edimmu or Ekimmu, but I don’t want to confuse things just yet as I’m only now delving further into the mythology which I’m establishing for my vampires.
Here’s the deal, these vampires are killers, forces of nature. Not only do they suck your blood, they also can steal your lifeforce simply by being near you. They’re somewhat ugly, yet regal in an animalistic sort of way. They are the result of a failed experiment.
They’re also ruled over by a queen, you’ve heard her name before: Lilith, yes that Lilith. You might even get to meet her in my upcoming Merlin story… These vampires are not the “undead” they are in truth very much alive, yet blood thirsty and sexual creatures.
- The Imogen Drake Series! (raptorsclaw.wordpress.com)
- The Vampire King by Heather Killough-Walden – $2.99 Paranormal Kindle Book Deal (kindleebookdeals.com)
- Good Annunaki Nuking Bad Anunnaki DUMBS (disclose.tv)
- eBook Review Lilith: Demon of the Night by Theodore Jerome Cohen (blogcritics.org)
- 10 more things you should know about vampires [list] (onvampires.wordpress.com)
- Legends of Vampires (imaginationalley.wordpress.com)
- the definitive guide to vampires (onvampires.wordpress.com)
- It’s raining vampires! (whizwoman.wordpress.com)
- Is Nicolas Cage a Vampire? The Ghost Rider Star Says Maybe [VIDEO] (ibtimes.com)
- “Being Human” (US) Episode 206 “Mama Said There’d Be Decades Like This” Tonight (houseofvampires.wordpress.com)
- Deliver us from another Vampire Tale (madcaphat.wordpress.com)